Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post!

As the title says, my bearded dragon, Lenny, won't eat any fruit or veg.
He is about 4 months old and appears to be in very good health (he is lively and alert and is very friendly) I have tried loads of different types of fruit and veg but he won't eat it.
I have tried feeding it to him, cutting it into different sizes, putting the plate in different places in his tank and a variety of other things. I'm scared that he is going to get really fat!
On the other hand , here is a link to him happily munching down a grass hopper; YouTube - Bearded Dragon Eating
(I couldn't find anything about me not being able to link to vids!)

Joe

·
Registered
44 Posts
when i first got my beardie at about 4 months he wouldn't eat veg either!
but had him about month and a half now and he's eating bits of it!
but yeah oscar was the same as yours at first!
i think they are more interested in live food when younger and then eat more veg as they older!

he'll be fine :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'd say stick with it......offer a varied selection, lightly mist with water and hopefully in a little time he/she will have a munch :).......I offer mine the bagged selection, which includes raddichio, lambs lettuce, lollo rosso etc etc :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
when i first got my beardie at about 4 months he wouldn't eat veg either!
but had him about month and a half now and he's eating bits of it!
but yeah oscar was the same as yours at first!
i think they are more interested in live food when younger and then eat more veg as they older!

he'll be fine :2thumb:

I agree my BD is only 16weeks old and is more interest in live food but i still offer veg every day and now and then she will have a bit,:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hello everyone, first post!

As the title says, my bearded dragon, Lenny, won't eat any fruit or veg.
He is about 4 months old and appears to be in very good health (he is lively and alert and is very friendly) I have tried loads of different types of fruit and veg but he won't eat it.
I have tried feeding it to him, cutting it into different sizes, putting the plate in different places in his tank and a variety of other things. I'm scared that he is going to get really fat!
On the other hand , here is a link to him happily munching down a grass hopper; YouTube - Bearded Dragon Eating
(I couldn't find anything about me not being able to link to vids!)

Joe
Tried cress? One of mine loves any veg, the other will only eat cress or banana from my finger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies, i was getting worried for a second there. That makes sense, he won't eat his grasshoppers unless they are wriggling about. I'll try cress and banana, hopefully he will start soon! :)
Joe

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just as a matter of interest but one of mine prefers veggies when its dried up and crispy, like the bits that fall out of the bowl and dry up :crazy:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
does he like meal worms, if so just pop them in the bowl first then put the veg on top. The rustling about of the leaves will attract his attention and he will have a look. He will probably get it by accident to start with as he goes for the mealie but after a while he will learn that it fills his tummy as well!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
mine will eat anything and its only 4 months old, but it love strawberrys and cabbage leaf i just fed it from a my hand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.