Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can anyone please tell me the best set up for a bearded dragon mine is happy in his set up but some people say leave heat on at night some say dont so if someone as one can you let me no what you do please thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
all my heat and lights go off at night time and my beardie seems happy enough with that!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
most room temperatures will not allow the viv to drop to a dangerous level, keep an eye on it, and make sure it stays above 65f.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,813 Posts
all our reps drop to room temp even with a little heating still on in the viv and i like to keep it on 70 but often drops to as low as 68 which seems fine but i would like to keep it at 70 dead to be honest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,027 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
all our reps drop to room temp even with a little heating still on in the viv and i like to keep it on 70 but often drops to as low as 68 which seems fine but i would like to keep it at 70 dead to be honest.
68-70 ain't gonna make much difference!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,813 Posts
welshgaz said:
DEANandTRESE said:
all our reps drop to room temp even with a little heating still on in the viv and i like to keep it on 70 but often drops to as low as 68 which seems fine but i would like to keep it at 70 dead to be honest.
68-70 ain't gonna make much difference!
er..no just 2 degrees...
but if i say i want them to drop to 70 and they go to 68 theres room for improvement ,likewise if i said 68 and they went to 66 it would need sorting..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,027 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
welshgaz said:
DEANandTRESE said:
all our reps drop to room temp even with a little heating still on in the viv and i like to keep it on 70 but often drops to as low as 68 which seems fine but i would like to keep it at 70 dead to be honest.
68-70 ain't gonna make much difference!
er..no just 2 degrees...
but if i say i want them to drop to 70 and they go to 68 theres room for improvement ,likewise if i said 68 and they went to 66 it would need sorting..
See i wouldn't worry unless they were dropping below 65f or there abouts.... I can't imagine many households dropping below this anyway.

If people are very worried then get a day/night stat and set it for heat to come on at 70f that way you'll always have a hot spot of 70f even if the rest of the viv is lower....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,813 Posts
oh yeh ofcourse theres ways of doin it all.. but at night im wanting no hotspots just all round temps, im talking for the corns and our leo, the only way to really do it is keep a hole room statted at a certain temp and all heating in the vivs off but im unable to do this at our rented house with the heating that is fitted... im not worried about it ofcourse...cos i do keep about an inch on the heat mat for the corns so theres always a hotspot but that hotspot is unatural.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,813 Posts
welshgaz said:
Yeah guess so but then so is living in a viv! lol
yeh...i had a feeling you were gona say that as i typed and ofcourse its true, still beside the point :)
to be honest you have to set a number you feel in your head is what you aim for and do what u can to keep to that, once you start compromising toooo much you lose the point of setting your own guidelines and limits.
Goes for everything in life.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top