Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my beardie is getting aggressive he tried to bite me this morning it is the first time since ive had him, i've only had him a couple of weeks i left him alone for about 2 weeks to let him settle in every time i put my had in he ran around like a looney so i was advised to try to handle him every day it been goin ok for a few days until this morn he was in a tank with 2 others is it coz he's lonely maybe .......

also was looking up about repticarpet and was wounderin if i can use ordinary carpet as it brand new :notworthy:

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
He is prob still getting used to you if you have only had him a few weeks, just give him time, keep putting ur hand in the viv and allow him to come to you!
Also I cant see lonliness being a problem as beardies are quite solitary and can't be housed with other males and also if sexually mature will pester a female all the time stressing out a female and causing her to become gravid more than she can handle as they lay large clutches of eggs.

Also normal carpet althou new is not recommended as the beardie could eat loose fibres and also nails could become caught!

Alot of ppl don't use repti carpet with beardies as it gets easily soiled and requires washing regularly.

depending on the age of the beardie young beardies a non loose substrate like lino, vinyl tiles are ideal as they wipe clean.

Adults ppl use the above or some use slate with a small amount of sand to fill the gaps.

Its your personal choice but avoid woodchips at all costs and calci sand as woodchips can become lodged in the stomach if accidently swallowed and calci sand compacts when wet if any is eaten and can cause impaction!

·
Registered
161 Posts
hi i only use news paper or paper towl easy to clean....but i know some people use ASTRO TURF you can buy this from B&Q....buy a big big cut it in two so you got a spear one so swap when cleaning.....

i would say try and handle your dragon everey day,,,, & do not where a black shirt this can some time cause them to be aggressive....

good luck:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I was recomended to use lino when my babies started shredding and eating the kitchen towel so i now have all of mine on that.

You can get offcuts from b&q or carper right for £10, i got a piece aprox 7 x 10 metres for this!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was recomended to use lino when my babies started shredding and eating the kitchen towel so i now have all of mine on that.

You can get offcuts from b&q or carper right for £10, i got a piece aprox 7 x 10 metres for this!!!

well i never had that problem m8 i make sure mine have food all the time so they do not eat the paper towel..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts