Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys N Girls

Do Any Of You Have Heat Matts In Your Viv's For Bd's??if So Where?
I Took Mine Out Because I Dont Really Like Them And My Male Kept Digging It Up The Little Night Mare Him....
Any Info Would Be Grt....

Damo:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have one in mine under the sand it doesnt seem to bother my bd at all. het will occasionally ig down where it is warmer tho. i find it keeps the temp correct at night for him which is why i use one, i also keep in the warm end of the tank

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beardie

Cool What Sort Of Temps Yours Reaching?
What Bulds You Got In There And Where?just Comparing Really To C If We All Do The Same!!!!

Cheers Damo
How Many You Got?:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
i only have the one bd a male, would like to get a female for him. i use a uvb 8.0 tube and a 40w heat emmiter bulb. i keep the heat buld in the hot end of the tank and the tube i along the back

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heat

hi
do you find thats hot enough then?what temps it reaching?
ive got my bulds on a dimmer stat,its fine other than my flat is very hot anyway,, and the bulds turn right off at times,but temps in side viv ok tho!!!!
damo:)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hiya,

If the bulb is sometimes completely off then as you said it's very hot in your room and that would also affect the temps. in the viv too. If this is the case, then i would ditch the heatmat. I had the same problem with my 3ft viv, the bulb was never bloody on but i also had a heatmat buried under the sand.

So i ditched the heatmat and now the heat lamp is working much better. Don't worry about the night time, as long as your room is warm then there should'nt be a problem, Anyway, I normally leave my heat lamp on but i turn down the dimming stat to 75 incase it gets too cold.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I've got a mat but its only on at night to stop the tank from getting too cold

·
Registered
130 Posts
at night all my lights go off and the temp drops quite a bit which is why i have the heatmat on all the time to keep the temp up at night, during the day the heatmat doesnt seem to effect the temp

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I would always recommend a stat for a heat mat. Ideally they are to be used under the glass of the viv as Bd have sharp claws and tend to dig them up.I recommend the heat rocks with a stat on wooden vivs, but this always causes debate as people come out with impossible reasons not to use them.

As i say any heat source should be regulated via a stat as to minimise the risk of burning or overheatingunderheating. the beauty of having an ambient heat source on a stat is that it will only work when required so no need to worry about house temps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts