Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I cant really see them but google 'bearded dragon stress marks' and see if its the same.. How long have you had him/her for? If its a new beardie then the chances are the stress of the move has caused them. Maybe best to put down the specifics of your viv just to be sure. (UV type, age, size. Temperatures in the hot end, cold end, basking spot and also diet..)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also.. I'm not sure if someone has already said this but wood chip substrate is probably the most dangerous sunbstrate for a beardie. If its swallowed the chances are it will cause impaction and/or a tear in the stomach/intestines

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also.. I'm not sure if someone has already said this but wood chip substrate is probably the most dangerous sunbstrate for a beardie. If its swallowed the chances are it will cause impaction and/or a tear in the stomach/intestines
yes i agree even if you have a feeding tank beardies 'taste' their environment....i use astro turf or repti carpet then they cant get compaction

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know about the substrate, she's a very neat eater, I watch her eat anything I give her and she's never once missed the insect.
I'm quite surprised that she's such a neat eater with her been very young, but I insure you I've had no problem with it and that's the substrate she's lived on fore the last year. But thanks for your concern :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know about the substrate, she's a very neat eater, I watch her eat anything I give her and she's never once missed the insect.
I'm quite surprised that she's such a neat eater with her been very young, but I insure you I've had no problem with it and that's the substrate she's lived on fore the last year. But thanks for your concern :)

Hey its up to you to choose what substrate, no one can 'tell you' they can only advise. No one knows your rep better than you!

Asbout the original post... Was my answer any help to you or do you want to post another pic so then somene can have a better look?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you helped, I researched stress marks and there totally different to what she had, I can't see them now she's fast asleep :)
I only worried as I only just noticed them.

But yeah, you seem to know your stuff, your very helpful thank you :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes you helped, I researched stress marks and there totally different to what she had, I can't see them now she's fast asleep :)
I only worried as I only just noticed them.

But yeah, you seem to know your stuff, your very helpful thank you :)

There are some very knowledgable people on here, everyone cares for the reptiles welfare so the chances are you will get the right answer if you provide the right information.

If the markings are still there in the morning and you still want to know what they are, get a pic of them on here and someone will be able to help you. To be honest though, if their not blotchy spots and there not stress marks.. They could well be part of his/her pattern which have become more promenant because he/she has just shed? I dont know too much about your beardie (age, last shed etc..) but as long as its not blotchy spots then I wouldnt worry too much : victory:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There not blotchy quite faint now to be honest, her birthday is today, she's 1 today, and I don't know if she has shed in the past, but when I got her the last owner told me she was beginning to shed and only recently I've noticed the shed.

She has already shed the last half of her tail, and her face and front legs began this morning, she's done very well shedding them areas, the majority she got off today by scratching and rubbing herself on the logs in her viv!

How long does shedding last?
How will I know if she has stuck shed?
Will she appreciate an increase in baths to help her shed?

Thank you for your help, also you seem to be the only one answering so thank you :) x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.