Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every1, i have 3 baby beardies and 1 of them is acting very weird. i came home to find it laying on the bottom wiv its head slanted, i picked it up and its head had no life in it at all, i thought its necj was broken but then it sprung into action and was normal then looking around n following my finger. now it spins round in my hand like its having a fit or sumthing, whats wrong can anybody help me plz

Dayredfern

·
Registered
632 Posts
i'd take him to a herp vet and try get him on some calcitrol or something, if he has a calcium imbalance/ signs of MBD that can make them have funny turns :? i'd take him out of the main viv, iscolate him incase its parasitic prob keep an eye on your temps. try get a faeces sample for your vet to look at too :) hope this helps x

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Could it be brain damage caused by over heating? what is it..hyperthermia or whatever its called...

Dean

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know how the weather is over there but if your humidity levels are too low it can cause symptoms sort of like what you are saying. The inner ear membrane starts to dry out and crack if levels go below 25%. That can cause your dragon to run in cirlces, flip on its back and basically act like it is drunk. His head tilted makes me wonder about an inner ear probelm. Try one drop of olive oil in each ear and see if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts