Reptile Forums banner

Beardie changed personality

974 views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  tracey_H_ 
#1 ·
Hi our beardie MoJo is coming up to 7 months now,the last few weeks he's been different,he used to be quite quiet docile and easy going.He's turned into a head bobbing,food guzzling,hyper monster!!!!! His temps are fine basking spot 110f cool end 80f hot end 90f.Iv changed his uv light recently,to arcadia 12% and fitted a reflector.He's also been having fruit beetle grubs as well as locusts morio worms and a few wax worms a week,his appetite has gone through the roof,he constantly wants out,he used to be happy just sat on me,now hes charging about getting into allsorts! He's still really friendly,as im writing this he's charging about his viv trashing it cos he wants out,and head banging at me! Just wondering what could be causing this? Is it the time of year,he's becoming a man or the new uv?

#2 ·
lol this is called testosterone an amazing hormone lol. he is getting sexually mature and will more than likely getting close to his max length and will now start bulking up for the next year. keep feeding he will stop when hes full

#3 ·
:lol2: This is why he is the only male in the house! Thought it could be that,cheeky sod has spent most of the day head bobbing at me,if i didnt jump to attention to his demands! He's nearly 17" now and is filling out quite a bit,after his last shed he seems more spikey

Reactions: Reptor
#14 ·
Bit worried as my beardie brian has just turned 6 months old as is only 13 inches long and weighs 153g! :gasp:, is this normal? How much does Mojo weigh?

Brian gets fed 2 times a day and eats roughly 30 medium silent brown crickets in one sitting, so in total 60 a day, is this correct?

#4 ·
yea they are so funny to watch, i have 1 male and 2 females one submitts straight away to him and waves other doesnt give him the time of day which makes him bob and stomp but hes total bluff.lol

#5 ·
Yep he's a big softy really,he's calmed down a bit now thankfully! He's worn himself out,just let him out for a run around.Funny thing is he never used to like being on the floor,used to just close his eyes and freeze,now he races around like a mad thing into everything! Which is nice to see him more confident,and more active.Bet thats funny to see with yours,they really are full of hot air most the time arnt they!

Reactions: Reptor and Bab1084
#6 ·
yea also when they are breeding but the girls having none of it he is too excited so will wiggly across the floor as to say sorry i cant turn it off lol

Reactions: tracey_H_
#7 ·
Awwww bless him lol,my breeding rabbits are a bit like that.They all have teddy bears to abuse,which is quite funny when other people see them,and think its cute cos they all have teddy bears to cuddle! If only they knew.I dont suppose teddy bears would work for beardies though lol

#8 ·
lol i bet it wouldnt work the same lol. i think he either needs therapy or a blow up beardie lol

#9 ·
Lol just choked on my coffee then,blow up beardies lol,would work till he bit the neck,then he would be proper deflated!!

#10 ·
lol sorry not meaning to cause accidents lol. i think i could start a business making them so breeders can give their females who are sex pested too much a much deserved rest. the neck area would need to be thicker rubber and spike proof all over and the name is brenda the blow up beardie, lol i need to get out more

#11 ·
Lol you and me both! wouldn't shelia be better brand name? seeing as their from australia! Could work! would have to make them like robots though,so the arms waved!!

#12 ·
yea i agree better name for it. also needs heat protection incase he drags her to basking spot

#13 ·
lol im begining to think it might be easier to do a range of magazines or dvds,for frustrated dragons,and maybe a form of birth control,maybee the females would be more willing if they knew no egg laying would be required!

#21 ·
In my opinion and experience I always get the basking spot upto 115 max so between 110-115 that's perfect for them. Yes it's better to offer a wide range of foods to gain different nutrients. Hope this helps. Get a infared temp gun it just tells you how ht things are.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ew3ind

#22 ·
MoJo weighs roughly 250grms,they all vary within reason.My old female miley at 1 yr old was 23" and weighed 1000 grms.Def good idea to offer different foods,iv recently been giving MoJo fruit beetle grubs,he loves them,he also has locusts morio worms and wax worms,roaches are a good food to try also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.