Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy

my baby beardie is about 9 weeks old and has two meals of crickets a day, one at 9am with lights goin on at 7am, and one at 6-7pm with lights goin off at 8.30pm, he has veg all day which he nibbles on now and again, my question is after his tea he goes baskin for about 10mins then goes of to his plant in the cool end to chill out and get ready for bed, he starts going darker in colour as he is not under the bulb, he is still under his uv bulb but not his baskin bulb, is this ok ie does he need to be under his baskin bulb to digest properly or will he be ok. all temps are fine 80 cool 90 warm 115 baskin,

cheers rob

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpity bump

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
we dont turn our lights off till bout 10pm with is being summertime they would natuarlly have more light if that makes sense.....after dobby has fed he will bask for about 15mins then he moves so i would say its ok....no doubt someone will correct me if im wrong :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I always understood that u should not feed you're beardie after 2 hour hours before lights of as they can't digest there food and it will be sitting in there stomaches throughout the night. My bd's light go on at 10-10:30am and off at 10-10:30pm :)

Hope that helps

Fraser : victory:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that, i thought it would be ok but as he is my first rep just wanted to double check that i am doin everything right etc

cheers rob

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
my little beardie is same age, 9 weeks, i have had him 4weeks and he eats 2 hours before bed, then basks for a little bit, about 15 mins then goes into his cave and sits till lights out. so basically exactly same as yours, and he poo's daily and has very regular digestion. so id say thats fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts