Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking for help trying to find out what types of beardies my two dragons are can any one help??????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys not clear with my question. my friend said with out seeing aregon that he might be a sunfire morph. ? cause the yellow. so i was just wondering if he was a normal beardie or something differnt. and could you tell me what is

"pogona vitticeps"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys not clear with my question. my friend said with out seeing aregon that he might be a sunfire morph. ? cause the yellow. so i was just wondering if he was a normal beardie or something differnt. and could you tell me what is

"pogona vitticeps" just the technical term for bearded dragons?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pogona vitticeps is the 'normal' bearded dragons that you usually see, which grow from 18-24".
It's hard to say what morphs they are in this case, could have very weak colours of different morphs that are not distinguishable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks. i was just wondering because Aregon often changes his colours but Freya stays pretty much the same.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
sandfire is a registered trade mark of a colour morph bred by bob mallioux at sandfire dragon ranch.just because u have a bright beardie doesnt mean u have one of these dragons.u may have just a high yellow.theres a colour morph registry and that is where u register all the new colour morphs...like blood and ice dragons are from fire and ice dragons.unless u can trace the lineage back to sandfire (usa) then the chances are u havent got one. :wink: my beardie is a high yellow and sometimes he has bright orange lips lol.high colouring in bearded dragons nowadays is down to decades at captive breeding.if u look at a wild beardie they arnt as colourful. :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never said he was thats why I came on here asking if anyone new about morph and stuff.

I have just heard terms like germen giant and blah blah morphs just a question.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Double_Jai said:

"pogona vitticeps" just the technical term for bearded dragons?
i was just trying to explain about the yellow :roll:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
they look like normal beardies.

My two are both normals and one has red/orange cheeks but shes still a normal

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i didnt think they were just heard all these weird terms out there so i was wondering. but thanks for the help, I really dont care what they are love them anyways.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your last post was cool: I love all my animals too, no matter what they are.
The "morphs" are just different markings produced by breeding for colour. They are commoner in the USA than here.
Pogona is the name for all Aussie Bearded Dragons (family name), vitticeps is the name for the Inland Bearded Dragon (species name). Morphs are just sub-species of Pogona vitticeps. As someone else pointed out, Sandfire is actually a trade name relating to a specific breeder's product and their offspring.
There is a special name for your BDs: beautiful!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha Thank you so very much they are very beautiful. As for the mostly in the Usa, and not here unfortunatly I am not (here) really wish i was but I'm in canada very close to Usa .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry , my Maple Leaf Friend! It's a typical British reaction to assume that we are the centre of the universe!
Apparently, a friend tells me that he thinks your BD may be a red-gold dragon. Don't know if that helps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HaHaHa I wish I was at the center of the Universe right now instead of here haha. but thanks for the info.

Jai

1 - 18 of 18 Posts