Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, We've always kept our beardies diet varied, his main food is crickets and we give him hoppers, waxies and all the usual fillers, but he's just stopped taking crickets, he's nearly a year old, we thought of changing to hoppers as his main food instead of crickets, but a friend advised us against it, because hoppers aren't has good for him, can any one confirm yes of no as he wasn't to sure

Many Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
try him on roaches, easy to breed and will save u cash. I've currently got Dubai Roaches, really easy to work with!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Morio worms too, live for ages and my beardie loves them, he ate crickets for the first 6 months of his life then totally went off them, i keep trying him with them again because my leo eats them, but only live food my beardie seems to eat is morio worms.

He'll take the occasional adult hopper but i find them too expensive for about 6 in a box that last him 2 minutes.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Morio worms too, live for ages and my beardie loves them, he ate crickets for the first 6 months of his life then totally went off them, i keep trying him with them again because my leo eats them, but only live food my beardie seems to eat is morio worms.

He'll take the occasional adult hopper but i find them too expensive for about 6 in a box that last him 2 minutes.
try buying your hoppers in bulk - way cheaper than tubs : victory:

·
Registered
353 Posts
stick with locusts mate they are better for them than crickets (who ever told you that talking out there £&%$£$% !!!!)

my local shop sells them in a bulk bag of 60 extra large for £10.00 which is a good deal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts