Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I can't seam to find much literature on the web about this, but I have three females. one is pretty much fully grown and I have two smaller ones at the 8" mark... How big would they need to get before I can put all three in one viv'?

I basically have one big viv' that has one female and one male but I want to put my male on his own and the three females together.

PS I'm not sure what a pack of beardies are called? anyone?

·
Registered
719 Posts
THIS MAY NOT HELP SO SORRY IF WASTE OF YOUR TIME, BUT WITH LEOPARD GECKOS YOU CAN PUT GECKOS TO GETHER THAT ARE ROUTHLY THE SAME SIZE.

(soz cap locks were on)

i would place them togetehr now, i do not see why it would be problem ok they make niggle each other at first just t get used to each other, but they will be fine, i have 3 leopard geckos in one viv, they havebeen togetehr now for 6 months, from when they were babys.

I also have male on his own, placing the other lizards togetehr with the one female will be good also because there will not be just 2 lizards, usually a new liazrad will fight with other, this way no domanerring will take p;lace, and will have no problems.

Hope thishelps!!

j

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah think with Leos its not the same problem.. Baby gecks are probably big enough when they come out of the egg that the others won't eat them. BDs will eat there young they aren't maternal at all really!

I think they are big enough now that the larger female won't eat them buy worry about them getting along so to speak. I'm not really around during the days so it would be hard to keep a 48 watch on them at first to see if they wrre doing ok....

Might start bringing them all out together.. well apart from the big male! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts