Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my beardie has been scratching all day, she had a lay box in her viv and when we came back from shopping today she has lost weight, checked the soil and there was in total 21 eggs , all look pretty healthy. so we have put them in the incubator (homemade) there incubating at 28.5 on damp vermiculite in livefood boxes. is this ok?

we have a bit of condensation on the sides but not on the lids so nothing is dripping on the eggs

do you think this will be ok?
does anyone have any tips on looking after the eggs?
spraying etc.?

i have added photos.

lay box

incubator

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
That sounds ok - try to keep a line of condensation roughly level with or slightly above the level of the substrate. Don't spray them - if the humidity is falling (condensation line below substrate line) then cover up some of the vents in the tubs and add a few drops of water to the vermiculite.

Aside from that, don't turn the eggs, don't move them, ditch any that look bad or have gone mouldy etc (I move them into a separate tub rather than throwing them out, as you will occasionally get one that recovers). Good luck with them, and start saving for when the babies hatch - these are my pages about the sort of money you should have saved up, and what to do when the babies start hatching:

How Much Does it Cost to Breed Bearded Dragons? - Hades Dragons UK

Breeding Bearded Dragons - Hades Dragons UK

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankyou, that put my mind at ease, we have saved money fror the food and electirc and also have the viv ready for the babies to go into

thankyou for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts