Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my bd for 3 weeks now, not sure if he is still setteling in(did change the decor round about a week ago) but some days he seems happy and alert, has been out of his viv 3 times for a run around, other days he just sits in the cool end most of the time half way up the wall. he is eating live food fine, picks at his salad every now and again. has pooed about 4-6 times in 3 weeks.

today i took im out for a run around in my room ( he was a little nervouse but eventually started exploring) put him back in, then checked on him 10 mins later and he was resting on the side of the viv wall in the cool end, been there since 11am. temps are correct etc.

is there anything i should be worried about??

·
Registered
107 Posts
i dont think u should worry,,, it jus sounds like normal behaviour 2 me,,, my bluey does somthin simmilar an hes fine.

he probly just likes that spot

·
Super Moderator
9,452 Posts
Are you sure your temps aren't too warm? If they are okay then I wouldn't worry as most beardies will stay at the cooler end and only bask when necessary i.e. to warm up in the morning and after eating. All mine stay at the cool end the majority of the day. As he is eating etc. normally I would say he's fine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the temps once viv is warmed up hold between 100f-112f.

which i belive is correct from what i have read.

im glad its not unhurd of then.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
the temps once viv is warmed up hold between 100f-112f.

which i belive is correct from what i have read.

im glad its not unhurd of then.
Where abouts in the viv is getting those temperatures? Just at the basking spot? Beardies need a cool end of around 80-85f to cool off in... If the rest of the cage (apart from the basking area) is too hot, beardies can sometimes become pretty lazy and "bask" in the cool end.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I noticed if my ones don't get the right amount of sleep they can do this too. Hope this helps

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah just those temps in the basking spot. the cool end is 80f.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
How old is he? Have you noticed any kind of pattern to him sitting in the corner - does he only do it on days when the weather's bad, for instance? Can you get a couple of photos of his setup?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he is 1 1/2yrs old

havent really seen a pattern. it was bad weather yesterday aroun here.
today he seems to be abit more alert, basking. i gave him a bath around 12pm,dreid him off and he went to warm up.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I would keep an eye on him and the temps. beardies are funny creatures...mine gets moody if we have been in the garden and he has to go back and the other week he went nuts because he wanted to go in the front room and I wanted him to go back in his viv. He also refuses to eat ANYTHING if I go away for a few days...he just won't take food off anyone else. Not going on hols next year because of him:notworthy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
does your bd live on his own, he may want more attention and handling, my two are always tring to climb outa the viv and say hi to me. They are handeled 3-4 times a day ive only had them two weeks and they are just attention seekers

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
darwin you seem to have a litte terror on your hands lol.

i didnt want to handle him to much so he could get settled in. i have had him out a few times. he normally just sits there and looks around, he did have a good run around once, never new they jumped so far lol, he jumped my leg to the other.

funny little fella

1 - 12 of 12 Posts