1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to keeping a beardie
i have been keeping corn snakes for 2 yrs now
so i fort il try a bearded dragon
but i need to ask is it normal for bert to be trying to eat any fing that catch's his eye so far he tryed eating my fone, paper, any little bits he see's why his out ?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
lol.............hmmmmmmmmm, sounds very hungry. what u feeding him
but no i dont reckon thats normal behavior, my boy was 8week when i got him......he ate for britain lol..........half a box of cricks every day and mealies, thank goodness hes slowed down now though, i thought id need to take out a bank loan :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
: victory:: victory:my beardie tries to eat fake plants so i removed them :whistling2:
give him a load of locusts and he"ll be cool

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm hes been eating about 15 crickets and hand full of worms evry day
plus veg he eats and eats any ideas ??

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would say just continue doing what your doing, provide lots of greens, and feed him crickets. He might just be a hungry beardie! haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol il let u know if he keeps doing it :D
: victory:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
When you say he is trying to eat everything including your phone, is it that he licks it and does the same with other things that he comes across? .As this is normal behaviour for a beardie they will "taste" things when they come into contact with them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When you say he is trying to eat everything including your phone, is it that he licks it and does the same with other things that he comes across? .As this is normal behaviour for a beardie they will "taste" things when they come into contact with them.
I agree with the above, inside his viv he doesn't use his tongue to taste much anymore as he's used to everything in there, but let him out in the conservatory or lounge and he'll use his tongue to taste everything he comes across. I do know what you mean about being pigs though, mine has often ran out the viv and tried to eat locusts from within a sealed tub but this is different, he really opens his mouth wide if he's trying to actually eat something....trust me though as they get older they do slow down....honest!

·
Registered
57 Posts
my beardie does that too

im also new to beaded dragons and mine is like a magpie she likes anything shiney my engagement ring so i end up having to take anything shiney off when she comes out for an adventure and once she even jumped out of the tank and attacked my dads pjs while he was wearing them and mine is very greedy when it comes to food ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
im also new to beaded dragons and mine is like a magpie she likes anything shiney my engagement ring so i end up having to take anything shiney off when she comes out for an adventure and once she even jumped out of the tank and attacked my dads pjs while he was wearing them and mine is very greedy when it comes to food ?
how old is she?: victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts