Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a Bearded dragon that is about 4 months old, and I have set up a cam that stream my dragon 24/7. His very active and curious.
You'll see him walk around, climb, get fed, taking bath and his favorite thing: staring out the window watching TV, haha!
On the stream there's also music for those who like that.

Watch, comment, and enjoy the life of a dragon!

You'll find the stream here:
Bearded Dragon Live on USTREAM: LiveStream Bearded dragon. Pets

Pic from the stream:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Cute idea streaming but i notice you have a red lamp on at night?

Really shouldnt have any lighting on at night youll disturb the sleeping patterns....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Really shouldnt have any lighting on at night youll disturb the sleeping patterns....
Yeah i know. The red light is little visible, its made like that so its not disturb the sleeping pattern. It's cold here so need some heat source at night. And he's always sleeping in a cave in the terrarium or on the wall, higher than the light. So I don't think he notice the light at all. If this make any sense at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

But his a active beardie and have a lot of energy. So I think he got the sleep and rest he need!

·
Registered
524 Posts

Agreed.

If its cold. Use a ceramic.

But, to be fair. Even as low as 10c wouldn't cause an issue over a few hours. Just little longer to warm up.

But most houses would have their own heating come on if it got that cold ;)

So, if you have a red light so people can watch your Stream at night. Don't bother. No one will watch a sleeping dragon anyways. So do whats best for the dragon.

Cool idea though :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed.

If its cold. Use a ceramic.

But, to be fair. Even as low as 10c wouldn't cause an issue over a few hours. Just little longer to warm up.

But most houses would have their own heating come on if it got that cold ;)

So, if you have a red light so people can watch your Stream at night. Don't bother. No one will watch a sleeping dragon anyways. So do whats best for the dragon.

Cool idea though :D
Hey, thanks for the response.
I don't have the red light so people can watch at night, it's there just for heating. I've heard that the temp couldn't drop down below 20C, so I have just been careful and safe be having a heat source at night.
I'll stop using the red light, really thankful for the response. I'm a beginner at this so I need this. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hey

I have a Bearded dragon that is about 4 months old, and I have set up a cam that stream my dragon 24/7. His very active and curious.
You'll see him walk around, climb, get fed, taking bath and his favorite thing: staring out the window watching TV, haha!
On the stream there's also music for those who like that.

Watch, comment, and enjoy the life of a dragon!

You'll find the stream here:
Bearded Dragon Live on USTREAM: LiveStream Bearded dragon. Pets

Pic from the stream:
I like it: victory:

been meaning to do this myself so would you mind showing/explaining how you set this up and costs, if any.

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it: victory:

been meaning to do this myself so would you mind showing/explaining how you set this up and costs, if any.

thanks
Hey

Thanks!
Of course i can do that :)
I have made a free account on ustream and a program called Xspilt that cost $4.95/month. Very easy to use, and i can help in the beginning if you want. I use a Logitech webcam (you can use any webcam). And open the webcam in Xspilt, add music and a live screenshot of spotify if you're going to use music and show the song like i do.
So i only pay for the broadcasting program (Xspilt), and of course spotify.

If you have more questions feel free to ask! :)

Xspilt
Ustream

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hey

Thanks!
Of course i can do that :)
I have made a free account on ustream and a program called Xspilt that cost $4.95/month. Very easy to use, and i can help in the beginning if you want. I use a Logitech webcam (you can use any webcam). And open the webcam in Xspilt, add music and a live screenshot of spotify if you're going to use music and show the song like i do.
So i only pay for the broadcasting program (Xspilt), and of course spotify.

If you have more questions feel free to ask! :)

Xspilt
Ustream
thanks for the reply. i'm looking at using an old phone as a camera and working on that at the mo'.
gonna send you a PM now about this!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts