Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this as a male beardie. But hes still very small and i've had him for at least 3 years now. Any help in ID'ing and sexing would be awesome.

Thx :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
not rankins.
so beardie or vitikins i guerss.
he is cute mind.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
looks male to me.. but would need to see a clear pic of his undercarriage to make sure.. could be a vitikin that cross beardie/rankin someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Liz

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, i'll get a pic of his 'underbits' when the cameras charges :mad: (sods law)

He seems a bit small to be a male beardie. I've seen females who are bigger than him and he's at least 3 now.

Cant give an exact age as he was a rescue :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hes 14" nose to tail tip. But he is missing some tail. One can only guess why :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple of shots of his underbits, and one next to some stuff to show his size

Thx All :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have a definite idea?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
sorry i dont no but hes nice !!!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
male for me
not sure what it is though.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
He doesn't look happy at all in that first picture!
He's got the head of an adult but the body of a younger beardie lol.. odd. Dwarf?

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
I noticed that theres no illness that can cause 'short bone sydrome' is there? cant be mbd thats far to serious

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd just given him new sand and rearranged his tank in the first photo. He was doing territory stuff i think. Whats MBD? Hes been in my care for 3 years, and i think the guy before me had him for about a year or so. Something like that. He does seem very small. Looking at pictures of Vitkins dragons he does look like one of those. Size is right too. But sex? Anyone wanna have a bash? We think male so far?

Thx all

MoK

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Metabolic bone disease when a lizard dosent get the right calcium either from wrong lighting or food, he hasn't got that dont worry it totally screws a lizard up their mutated basically cause their bones dont grow correctly

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hate to hound you folk, but i'd like some more pppl to look at this. Obviously it makes no REAL difference what he/she is, i'll still love him/her all the same. Id just feel more confortable knowing exactly what i'm keeping. :no1:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts