·
Registered
1,423 Posts
wer did u get that rock from

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you wont belive that i made it:2thumb: saved myself loads of cash i got the idear off here its made from polystrene tile grount sand and matt varnish! my beardies love it

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'd love to make mine like that!! Although, my beardy would just hide under the slab in the bottom left lol.

How is the bridge suspended? Is it bolted down anywhere other than just trailing over that cork bark?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats great, i really liek the whole bridge desgin! Did it take long to make?
no not really! the rock took the longest as i had to wait for the varnish to dry and de-fume, the bridge was from wicks for a fiver: victory:

oh wow that set-up is lovley :D
thankyou: victory:

I'd love to make mine like that!! Although, my beardy would just hide under the slab in the bottom left lol.

lol i have too beardies in mine! i block it off in the day and open it just before lights go off they love sleeping in there!

How is the bridge suspended? Is it bolted down anywhere other than just trailing over that cork bark?
the bridge is just rested on the rock and across the bark its solid tho and ive tested it so it does'nt fall the beardies, they love it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wish I could be this creative :p Baby steps for my beardie atm.. Hes getting hanging plants soon!! :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
wow id like step by step detail how you made that big rock lol thats great i am re-doing my vivs at end of the month would like to give that a go but would not know where to start

a how to would be good hehe :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
your viv is fab
a how to step by step would be fantastic, i need to sort my beardies vivs out now they are older,

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice set up m8 :2thumb:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
as requested This is what you need! get yourselves down to wicks and buy a sheet of polystrene, some matt varnish, a sharp knife cocktail sticks, small bag of grout and some play sand.

1. cut the poly to the shape you want and stick it (stacks) together using the cocktail sticks.

2. once you have it to the size (check it fits the viv) mix your grout with water and spread it all over the poly dont worry how it goes on as this adds to the detail.

3. straight after adding the grout add your first layer of play sand making sure you've coverd everywhere, leave to dry for a couple of hours

4. once dried shake off any excess sand and add your first coat of matt varnish then add more sand and leave another 2 hours repeat step 4 twice more.

5. leave your new build masterpiece somewhere to de-fume for at least 2 weeks before placing it in viv

hope this helps have fun
:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts