Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I be looking for to see if Moriarty is about to shed? Are there any mood changes? Appetite increase or decrease, sleeping more, bathing more etc?

·
Registered
54 Posts
just genraly quieter and eats a little less in my BD1s case, sheddeing at the moment, it takes a few weeks to complete as they shedd in sections rather than big pieces

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You may find there appetite may decrease, and they may seem slightly lathargic, also they may seem slightly pale, as for the actual shedding, a bath or a good spray to help them shed easily, they generally shed via head, tail then the legs and last but not least the back and stomach, i'd offer them a locust everyday ut they may not take but ofcourse keep veg available to them all the time and they should be fine ;)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Growth rate, when they are younger they shed more, depending on how well they are developing, as they get older they shed less

·
Registered
266 Posts
they appreciate it if you spray them with water every now an then if helps them along a bit: victory: same with snakes an most things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts