Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i have had my beardie for about 2 months now, pretty sure he is about 3-4 months old, some days he doesn't eat at all and other days he just eats maybe about 6 crickets Today he has eaten 4 crickets and then just looked away from the rest and didn't care about them at all. I chuck a dubia roach in and he eats it faster than anything, im pretty sure he is sick of crickets and bored of them but i don;t know what to do........ do i keep feeding him crickets hoping that he will start eating them again or do i feed him locusts or dubias? i really would prefer to feed him crickets as they are so much cheaper than anything else, i am currently breeding dubia roaches and turkistan roaches but i don't have enough to start feeding off yet, i don't want to be paying £10 a week for dubia roaches :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you could look into starting a colony of roaches if that is what your beardie prefers, if not I suppose you could persevere with trying to feed him crickets. If it was me I would look into starting a colony or buying locusts/roaches instead if you can afford it.
i already have 2 colonys of roaches (dubia roaches and turkistan roaches) which are far from being able to feed off from, i will end up running out eventually :( . thanks for the help, i will have a look at what others do as well. :) anyone else have any ideas on what to do, or on what you do?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi mate.

Is everything else in the viv ok? temps etc.
Just try another feeder, they are relatively cheap online. Even pets at home do 4 boxes of anything for £7, even tho I'd prefer to get mine online.
yes everything in the viv is fine, basking spot stays around 105-110, warm side stays around 90-95 and the cool side stays in the 80s : victory:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mrduff13 how much are your nymphs? i may buy some in the future to boost things, i have about 70 adults and over 300 babies/nymphs at the moment. also thanks for the help everyone :2thumb:, instead of me just starting to buy a whole different staple i think i will be best to buy locusts every 2-3 weeks and then in between feed crickets and the odd dubias so then he is not eating all crickets, does this seem okay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.