Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone else's beardie try eatting plants as soon as you put them in he also trys eatting his sand so ive had to use wood chip :?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Iv not found out yet, i pick my viv up tomorrow - spent loads today on fake plants, i was also scared of him eating -

Im gunna try see how it goes if he does start to eat them il take them out

·
Registered
336 Posts
they eat greenery as part of their diet, yours is just a little confused! :lol2: stick in some fresh spring greens and he should be happy :razz:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I took the plants out and went for a desert type setup, i would advise taking the wood chips out and use a non-particulate substrate such as lino or ceramic floor tiles, i only say that because my BD has just got over a case of impaction from eating sand with the crix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he gets greens every day and still wants to eat the fake stuff :?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the plants out and went for a desert type setup, i would advise taking the wood chips out and use a non-particulate substrate such as lino or ceramic floor tiles, i only say that because my BD has just got over a case of impaction from eating sand with the crix.
he don't eat the wood chip so he will be fine with that but if he starts trying to eat it i will change it

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
he don't eat the wood chip so he will be fine with that but if he starts trying to eat it i will change it
maybe not intentionally (sp) but if he misses the crix with his tongue and hits a piece of wood chip then he can swallow it and become impacted, or if not impacted it will be very uncomfortable to swallow and pass, but as you said if you noticed it you would change it, or you can feed outside of the viv, whatever suits you best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts