Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we took on a rehome baby beardie she is doing really well but we would like to give her more room to move around now that she is bigger.

we have a viv that is 6 foot long by 16 inch depth by 17 inches high would this be ok to put her in and if so where would we place the ceramic heater and what watt bulb would we need and uv light, also what length uv light would be best to put in

also is it advisable to get 1 or 2 other females to put in with her for company how many would be ok in this size viv.

we would like to do whats best for her , if this viv is not right would it
be ok to put her in a 6 by 2 by 2 as we would build 1 if needed

·
Registered
295 Posts
its a little to long and narrow to be honest, you can keep an adult pair in a 4x2x2 but it is not necessary to keep beardies in groups. if you gave her a 4x2 to her self she would be just fine :) otherwise a 6x2 would be excellent.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Quick question hun, How old/big is she?? What i'm thinking is the bigger the viv the harder it is for her to hunt for food, maintain temps for a baby and she won't feel as safe either as babies don't like a large amount of space, gets them too stressed.

For one juvie to adult Beardie you could keep her in a 3ft viv or a 4ft max! But i think a 6ft is not really good for her.

Babies should be kept in a 2-3ft vivarium max.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i was gonna say that too babys get stressed if there home is too big maybe a smaller one for now then wen shes bigger move her back in :D

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
i dont think 14 inches is classesd as a baby :shock:
viv is still to long for her tho really xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wouldn't say 6ft is too long, as adults they seem to enjoy the extra space.. however it is a bit narrow, and is longer than neccessary. Why don't you try get a 4 x 2 x2.. this is typically seen as the perfect size for an adult beardie :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
in oz they spend their lives living on fence posts rarely moving, as long as they have climbing opportunities you shouldn't have a problem, how many were u thinking of having alltogether?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts