Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
my mum has told me tht i can get a new reptile -(to bump up the collection)---and i cant decide between a beardie or a rankins

im tempted by a rankins because i have a fairly small room-but ive heard they can b very fragile!!!

wat would u suggest???

thanks

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i would go with a beardie, its only cos i got one and hes so cute! he makes me laugh when he eats and stares at me! :lol:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
id say a beardie 2 !!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Your Mum's Bad Enough With One Tub Of Crickets.
Your'll Be Going Through A Tub In A Couple Of Days.

It will be harder to find a rankins up here aswell mate.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
isnt a rankins a small version of a beardie wiv a diff pattern??

yeah a rankin is a small version of a beardie. Rankins seem to be very weak, and can definately be fragile. as much as i love mine, i find them to be a bit of a pain in the bum as far as hardiness is concerned n they are pathetically soft n weak compared to beardies. though ours are only young so hopefully when they are grown there will be less problems, that is if they get to be fully grown, they are so up and down its unbelievable. the smallest of temp fluctuation n ours are flat on the floor lilke they are dyin of heat stroke! lol then take up out leave um at room temp for a while n they are upright again. id say go for a beardie, more handlable and hardy

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I Think Rankins Are Harder To Come By Now...

And Depends On If There Are Many About. Popurlarity.

I Fell If Going For A Middle Sized Lizard, You May aswell Get A Beardie. It's Just An Extra Foot On The Vivarium (3 to a 4ft).

·
Registered
994 Posts
ive got a beardie, he on my shoulder inmy pic, jus i like the patterns on rankins

·
Registered
919 Posts
id say beardie because i have one they have really good personalitys and make you laugh so easly and easy to look after but then again i don't much about rankins there nice looking lizards tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts