Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Emerson who is about 10 weeks will not eat anything but live cricks..
I have tried so much different fruit and veg but she wont touch it!
Any hints on how i can trick her to eat it?

Cheers..

·
Registered
235 Posts
One of my friends beardies is the same and also the end of its tail has gone black so I would also be interested in hearing the answer so I can pass it on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She hasnt gone black anywhere... Phew..
She has got lighter since we got her but think thats cause shes settled in now :2thumb:

She eats cricks like a total pig but is just so stubborn about veg or fruit..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how often do u feed the crix
She gets fed in the morning and evening as thats where i got her from did so i didnt want to change her routine and she always eats them all in about 2 mins lol..

·
Registered
149 Posts
We had a major problem getting ours to eat veg too. They were little fatties eating just crix. The way we found to wean them onto veg was to drastically reduce their crix. Once they started getting hungry they had a sniff at the veg (took them a few days of food limitation though). Misting the veg also helps sometimes too. Another trick we tried was to cut little bits of veg up and flick them around the living room. The beardies saw the quick movement and mistook it for a cricket. This gave them a taste and broke the ice with the veggies. Once they start on it they'll stick to it. Ours can't get enough now! They've been great with their greens ever since we "persuaded" them : victory:

·
Registered
109 Posts
My bearded dragon in 11 months and i had the same problem. He wouldnt touch greens what so ever, however i tried a strange thing. He eats locasts, i have them in a certain locast box. I place greens in there for about 2mins and then take them back out and put them in his viv. when i did this he eat 3 sets of greens. Try that. And now he just eats greens reg.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
put mealies or waxis through the veg so it looks like veg is movin

·
Registered
185 Posts
my 2 were the same at this age.. less crix.. fresh veg on offer and they will soon change their minds lol
persistance !!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine was a bit funny about eating Veg, he is about 6 months old now and he cant get enough of it. As i have heard from many people on here when they get a bit older they will start to enjoy it and eat it alot more. Just give them a bit of time.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
What veg have you tried offering? At 10 weeks old it's not really a huge problem - I certainly wouldn't start thinking about starving the dragon until it eats its veg or anything like that until it's a lot older! You could try giving it some dark leafy greens first thing in the morning, then not giving it livefood until lunch. A lot of younger dragons will have a nibble at greens if there's no alternative on offer at the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts