Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My beardie wont let me handle him anymore. When I got him he was fine for a couple of weeks but now just runs away from me. However he does run up to the glass to look at me and doesnt seem scared, until i put my hand in. Whats up with him? How can i tell if he's stressed? My temps and everything are fine and he seems happy. Occasionally he does stand around with his eyes closed but I didnt think anything of it...

Anything I can do to help him get used to me?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
this is why people shouldnt say all beardies are so perfect and love handling, because they dont. we have one that actually attempts to bite so look on the bright side :p offer it some worms on ur hand and let it see u mean no harm and want to nurture him, he will hopefully grow use to u in time.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
is it just in the viv, my girl sometimes gets a bit narky when shes in her viv but once shes out shes ok, just sits on my chest chillin', I think shes a bit territorrial when it comes to her home.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same advice as Blazey & Mark, really. Sometimes they get a bit iffy about your dirty great paw being in their house.
My hubby's BD went thru a phase of not liking me much, I just ignored it & made sure I handled her just once each day. Enough to say "here I am, get used to it" but not so much as to stress her out. I usually picked her up when I was tidying her viv or introducing food. With the food, I started to hand feed just one or two insects while holding her. She is fine with me now.
Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts