Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
i've had my beardie for a month now and on monday night he started acting really weird. He went jet black on his beard, didnt puff up but started bobbing, sometimes very violently and sometimes gentely and has been doing this everyday since, sometimes once or twice sometimes very regularly. Anyone have any ideas what this could mean or how to solve the problem?

He's about 8 months old, has a 4x1.5x1.5 viv and is still eating fine.
Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
he's reaching sexual maturiry, this is mating behaviour. He will be fine it's natural for them to do this! Females wave their front legs, males head bob!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Oh and also, a little bit of research into bearded dragons and you would have known this. This information is in the most basic care sheet...so maybe a little research is needed before buying pets and panics like this wouldn't happen!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, i knew it was signs of showing off to a mate but i was just concerned as he is on his own, didn't realise he would do this with or wothout a mate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, i knew it was signs of showing off to a mate but i was just concerned as he is on his own, didn't realise he would do this with or without a mate.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Sometimes they'll do it spontaneously, especially around the age of maturity. Seeing their own reflection can also set them off, as can just seeing someone moving around the room!

·
Registered
122 Posts
homones kickin in lol :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Oh and also, a little bit of research into bearded dragons and you would have known this. This information is in the most basic care sheet...so maybe a little research is needed before buying pets and panics like this wouldn't happen!

bit harsh:whip:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys all of this information has been very useful to me, now i know that its nothing to worry about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts