Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to go back home (bedford we moved to wales a couple of months ago), but now we have the beardies and its a bit of a concern to leave them for a couple days (plus id miss em :D )

do you think if i got them a plastic terrarium/pet container and a heat mat that they'd be ok to come with for a couple days?

dont want to spend a bomb, and cant set up a full tank round the in-laws so it will be best if they came but would have to be a setup like this a day or two.

what do you think? what do you do when you go away?

(we dont know anyone in wales only moved her cos houses are dirt cheap, so someone popping in to feed is a bit of a problem)

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
It would have to be a very large faunarium :shock: Are all your lighter/heating on a stat and timer? If your only going for a couple of days you could try putting some of that dried food in the viv.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I think they would be ok alone for a couple days, unless they are like really young then prolly not, if they over 6 months or so i reckon just leaving them some dry food along with the fresh veg urll know they will eat first day [dont want rotten veg in there.]

As for taking them with you, its a little bit of a catch 22, like i said over 6 months ok to leave...i also reckon they need to be over 6 months to really be able to handle the "roughin it" for a couple days lol..
Umn but if they are quite tame and aware then i reckon take the heat mat and stat with u...BUT also try and rig up a bask, even if u just use an office lamp and direct it partly into the viv/box/woteva you use.

have a good holiday visit thingy either way

Dean

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okies, thanks for the advice. they are only 12 weeks so i think it best to bring with, ill keep looking for some alternatives :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts