Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took my mum to look at some corns and she didn't like them at, no surprise i knew she wasn't keen on snakes, but she did like the beardies, even held one :eek: and i've been told i MIGHT be able to have one of them.

So i started reading about them, and the only thing thats bothering me is the food, whats it costing you lot to feed them, every week or month how ever you do it?

And do you have a diet plan worked out for them? Could i please see it? :)

Thanks alot for any help it will be much apprectiated, Meh parents lol.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
kyle,
There is a good link for food chart at the top of this topic page, It costs me between £5-7 pounds per week to feed 2 babies and one adult (supplements not included) could be cheaper if I purchased food in bulk.

Before taking in any animal you need to know that financialy it is not a burden this includes any un for seen vets bills or a blown flourescent etc...

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
hiya kyle...same as apaz im spending around 7 quid a week feeding my beardie..(but thats not including the electricity bill)lol
as far as food is concerned i have found that spring greens are the best source of calcium for a beardy and they love them these are cheap also costs me around 70p for a huge bag.my beardy is on a varied diet of brown silent crickets(cos i hate he singing the black ones do) they cost me around 3.00 quid a box large locusts (around 4.00) and he also has treats of wax worms...giant and small mealworms.(he is spoilt)
hope u are allowed to get a beardy as they are the ideal first lizard (and will help ur mum get into them too i promise) :wink:
let us know if u get 1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts