Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had one of these for the past few months.

Vietnamese Centipede Care Sheet

It is an adult female, cost me £25 plus £7.50 postage, from Virginia Cheesman, however, for some reason, having had it for all those months, it has managed to escape from what I thought was a very secure set up, TWICE, in the last two days.....

The first time, I managed to see it sneaking out, and got it back in, then transferred it to another tank, with rocks on top, and tape on around it.

However...

Tonight, I went to feed it, and it had got out altogether, vanished, and with two kids in the house, and a dog, that's it, it has to go.

It's a lovely specimen, however, if someone wants it, and is prepared to make me a reasonable offer that covers RMSD, then it is yours for Xmas, only please contact me sooner rather than later, since, if I do not get an offer, I am afraid I have been given my 'orders' to get rid :(

Steve

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i will give you £12, £10 for pede and £2 rmsd if you will that is.. cheers anth

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
what woudl you consider as a swap mate for what?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
do you have a dwa mate???

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
bbbuuummmppp

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what woudl you consider as a swap mate for what?
Something other than this fecker, I mean I have dwa scorps, and that is fine, as they cannot scale the tank, and so on, however, this is just mental, it can get out through the tiniest of gaps, even though it is like 8inches long, and inch thick, and two inch across.

Dark Dan will vouch for me re this pede

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hahaha Yeah They're Right Little Assasin... I Have 3 And Mine Are Always Escaping But I Have Found Teh Sollution To Keeping The In ;).. A Simple Ttriple Thread Fish Net Thin Bit Of Metal Zip Tied Under Teh Bottom Of Teh Lid And Then A Very Small Lock Applied To Teh Sides, Exatley Teh Same Procedure I Dont On My Dwa, And It Worked Ahah ... I Will Buy Ti For £12 Or I May Do Swap

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What Dwa Do You Have Mate I May Buy If Your Wanting To Sell??

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I can swap for a tarantula if your interested.. Iv got a few to go still
Iv got many more pedes on the way..another wouldnt matter, lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
would love it but no money:bash:

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it is now secure in the plastic cereal box, and still feeding well, however, the mrs, she stilll wants it gone, and so far, I have had a couple of offers, one of a possible swap, and the other of a possible cash purchase, so hopefully something will pan out....

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, I still have this, it is a shame in it's present set up, I would keep it, but cannot risk it escaping again.

It's odd, as I often read people on here asking for them, yet here we have one, fully grown, really healthy, female (AFAIK), bought from a good site, and no one seems to want it.

I don't want cash, I would trade it for something, Praying Mantis, whatever, so I have put this back to the top again, and I guess if I get no CONCRETE offers by the close of play, then I will have to go to my local shop, and see if they want it.

LOL, then a week later, someone will come on looking for one of these!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
What sort of mantids are you looking for?

I have S centralis and H unimaculata that I may trade.

Both are large species but they don't have the same value as your centipede.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts