Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two bearded dragons. Im looking for new bedding. First I used sand, they had an impaction problem. Now I use newspaper. i was wondering if tile was a good idea..

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lino is good, its got a bit more grip for their feet than tile

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
When my little rankins occasionally get as far as the kitchen (which they're not supposed to) and spot me they leg it and their little feet and legs splay everywhere. :lol: reminds me of bambi ...

I use newspaper with lots of folded paper towels on top - they often sleep under the paper towel at night.

·
Registered
632 Posts
garden peat/ moss peat is good as won't cause an impactation... but it can cause a humidity problem at 1st... i'd go with paper towels... sounds like uv learnt the hard way about sand :x

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
its so funny watchin beardies try and run on smooth tiles.
Thier legs go about 50 miles an hour but they hardly get anywhere, its crazy.

So be sure to make sure the tiles are fairly rough or grainy and not super polished.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Super polished is FUN!!! :lol: I remember when I was little my mother used to polish the lino with this waxy stuff and also had a little mat on top - well the dog flew in the door at high speed one day and shot down the hall so quick he nearly exited clean out the other side :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts