Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just read the thread by MarkHill about why you dont see many normal Burmese pythons and it got me to thinking.

Will this become a common thing throughout many species of snake?

Snake breeding is quite big business and business has to be profitable... so to make a profit breeders have to be breeding higher end morphs that they can sell for more money. will our love for these higher end morphs lead to a reducing number of normal morphs? will the normals become phased out by breeders only breeding snakes with certain characteristics?

or eventually will the normal become more sought after and be considered a higher end morph because of the lack of them being bred?

or am i talking crap... inwhich case i'll stick to football manager or something else i know something about

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
it does only seem to be burmese pythons and corns that leave the normals in a minority. i don't think it will get that bad because from the little i know about genetics normal colouration will emerge from litters that came from two morphs. its to do with whether a trait is recessive or dominant. there are people on here who know much more than i do about the subject though. bloody hard to find normal burmese babies i'm finding

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
its supply and demand,if people want normal colour phases breeders will have to breed normal ones,that doesnt make it any easier for me to find them though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts