Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Hull got a Bengal male they want to use as a stud? My female is driving me absolutely nuts with her constant calling. Anyone out there that can help?

She ia gorgeous and I dont normally like using hormone injections to take her out of heat.

Anyone out there interested?

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
So get her neutered!

Why have kittens just to shut her up! that's no good reason at all! :bash:

Or did you get her to breed her deliberately?

If you are going to breed her you need to do a bit more than advertise on a forum for a stud - like any stud will do! You research pedigrees and do it properly.

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
You got the kitten last week My 2 Cats and now you are going to breed from her even though she is too young. Why do pedigree cats end up being used for breeding regardless of whether they have papers or not, why cant people neuter them and just have them as pets :devil:
Im sorry, but it had to be said

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
She was in heat when I bought her. As I'm sure your aware spaying a cat in heat can potentially cause complications due to the increased blood flow, engorged tissues etc.

Sorry the post offends you.

Oh and my other cat was nuetered immediately upon me getting her. I have put thought into this and already arranged potential homes for a litter.

After doing a bit more reading I AM going to go for the hormone injections for now. I did more reading into the potential age for breeding and feel she is too young at the moment to breed ( sorry I've been up most of the night and posted here before I started doing reading.) No I havent bred cats before(althought I have done with some other species) so YES i should have read before posting.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Bengal wasn't neutered by the breeder but we didnt intend on having babies and he was done last week. Had a bit of a situation myself this weekend as this thread shows........

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/other-pets-exotics/483630-omg.html

People are only concerned for animals not trying to be judgemental I don't think. Or at least I hope not. I've appreciated the input and think maybe Bengals are just little tramps!!!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People are only concerned for animals not trying to be judgemental I don't think. Or at least I hope not. I've appreciated the input and think maybe Bengals are just little tramps!!!!!!
Thanks hephev... appreciate that and yeah my wee girl is definately a tramp. lol

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
She was in heat when I bought her. .
So then you knew she would be making a lot of noise, so if you weren't prepared to put up with that, then you shouldn't have taken her!

It's been well documentated on here just how vocal a cat the Bengal is, without the added factor of being in season and with cats it isn't called "calling" for fun!

You knew that was the reason why you were offered her in the first place anyway, cos I'm not stupid and I recognise that cat - this is her 4th home and she's still a kitten and you wanted to breed her a week after you took her on, just because her calling was driving you nuts!
All cats are little tramps, it's the way they reproduce, because they don't ovulate until they are mated, which means if they aren't mated when they come into season, they just keep coming into season until they are and with each season they become more and more frustrated and more and more desperate and that's the reason why they should be neutered before they begin to have seasons.

And actually, I am being judgmental and I will hold my hand up to that, because of the situation with this poor cat!!

I am thinking of the cat, which seems to be more than other people have done!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So then you knew she would be making a lot of noise, so if you weren't prepared to put up with that, then you shouldn't have taken her!

It's been well documentated on here just how vocal a cat the Bengal is, without the added factor of being in season and with cats it isn't called "calling" for fun!

You knew that was the reason why you were offered her in the first place anyway, cos I'm not stupid and I recognise that cat - this is her 4th home and she's still a kitten and you wanted to breed her a week after you took her on, just because her calling was driving you nuts!
All cats are little tramps, it's the way they reproduce, because they don't ovulate until they are mated, which means if they aren't mated when they come into season, they just keep coming into season until they are and with each season they become more and more frustrated and more and more desperate and that's the reason why they should be neutered before they begin to have seasons.

And actually, I am being judgmental and I will hold my hand up to that, because of the situation with this poor cat!!

I am thinking of the cat, which seems to be more than other people have done!

After doing a bit more reading I AM going to go for the hormone injections for now. I did more reading into the potential age for breeding and feel she is too young at the moment to breed ( sorry I've been up most of the night and posted here before I started doing reading.) No I havent bred cats before(althought I have done with some other species) so YES i should have read before posting.
Did you read the above at all?

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Yes I did, but it hasn't changed my opinion at all.

Like i said you obviously didn't do any research into breeding cats before you got her, otherwise you would have known she would come straight back into season, within a week or 2 of the last one and also that she was far too young to breed yet.

And you obviously still intend to breed her, without papers, and I just don't agree with it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And you obviously still intend to breed her, without papers, and I just don't agree with it!
Ok so another one of the RFUK mind readers. Had on on Pm that was also able to tell me exactly what I was thinking. You dont know me or what my intentions are so where do you get off telling me what i'm 'obviously' intending?

Like i said you obviously didn't do any research into breeding cats before you got her
I admitted that in my post quoted above. Again I made a post while half asleep and without researching myself so sue me. I admitted to it and apologised for it. So what more would you like?

·
Registered
13,796 Posts
nor do i, if you`re going to breed cats, why not do it properly?

any decent stud cat owner wouldnt touch her with a barge pole with no papers anyway.

not to mention blood tests for STI`s

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
is it the same cat?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love this site... ask a simple question and get a lynch mob after ya when even after admitting to making an error of judgement.

This is my last post on here guys (and I mean on this forum).

My appologies that my question offended you all. I have defended my question by admitting I made a mistake and apologised for it both publically and via pm. And yet you still feel need to take the moral high ground.

I'll pm admin to remove my account now.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.