Reptile Forums banner

Best Calcium and Vitamin Supplement

959 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Arcadiajohn 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I am looking at buying my first leopard gecko very soon and have been doing some research but one thing I'm puzzled on is what is the best calcium and Vitamin supplement I understand you need to have pure calcium available at all times in the Vivarium. Also I know you have to have a calciumi/vitamin supplement sprinkled on there live food with added D3 as I won't be using any UVB bulbs if anyone could help me by informing me which are the best products to use for this and where best place to buy online I'd be grateful thank you.

Quick recap: need to know best products to use for;
Pure calcium
Calcium supplement with added D3
Vitamin supplement

#2 ·
I use VetArk Calcium for the calcium that's left in the vivarium.
I use Repashy Calcium Plus for dusting of live food.

#3 ·
The new Arcadia Earth Pro Range is the best stuff I've seen/used.

The vitamin supplement includes Bee Pollen and absolutely NO 'added D3'. (This is a good thing as each animal is individual in its needs for d3, making it impossible to know what dosage to use. It's far to easy to overdose or under dose. Using calcium and a UVB bulb allows them to self regulate).

Check my website for more details on the range :)

Reactions: Arcadiajohn
#6 ·
Thanks Tarron. Just to confirm

The all new EarthPro range has been designed to help replicate wild feeding and mineral assimilation. It us also totally non-toxic and can be used very safely at every feed.

We use an exclusive, organic and very potent marine carotenoid to cater for the vitamin A cycle in a safe and regulated way.

This range really does represent fantastic value for money and a C change in the science surrounding supplements.

John

Reactions: Tarron
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.