Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i atrying to near the building of my vivs, what colours do you reckon are the best to use ..

When i had all my iguanas and boscs in the past i used white...

this had plus and minus sides... easier to see dirt which meant i worked harder to keep it clean.
I have noticed that none of the ones you buy are in this colour.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i would say beech or maple....reason: because it looks nice! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you reckon its down to personal prefernce?

Does any colour have an advantage over any other? Such a black abosrning heat or white reflecting it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ANYTHING but white, unless you like cheap and nasty looking setups :(

HATE seeing peoples personal collections and they have white setups, wood effect is always SO much nicer :)

Gary

valid point.

When i had mine white in the past it was mainly due to the sheer volume of iguanas i had to cater for.

Had 4 big males given to me and had to house them all seperately and quickly. So at the time this was the cheapest option.

Now i am taking my time and only having 3 vivs...so want to do it more pleasing to the eye.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
best colour would pretty much be what fits in with the decor. No point buying the best wood and staining it antique oak if the rest of your room is mahogany.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont have a decor...its going in the garage but want it to look nice...as im doing the garage out as a "play room"...well thats what i told the wife..

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
me personally i hate the fake wood stuff... EWW and if it was in my hosue i woudl never have wood liek that so woudl look odd. i have black. looks mpodern doesnt look dirty and will fit with everythign

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
me personally i hate the fake wood stuff... EWW and if it was in my hosue i woudl never have wood liek that so woudl look odd. i have black. looks mpodern doesnt look dirty and will fit with everythign
Yep if you live in a funeral home :2thumb:

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
i'm still thinking about this at the moment..

i think it's all down to personal preference, and how your room is decorated...

we have maple colour cupboard units, coffee table etc. in the front room, so i wanted Maple colour vivs. even though we're having them in the top bedroom... having them as seperates, so we can mix and match later on if we want to...

but we're considering black. as it's a lot cheaper.. and we have a lot of vivs to build, and i want them all to match..

the big fish tank in the front room has a black unit under it.. and when we get our new tv, it'll be black...

so it's a possibility. just don't want it to look like a goth house :(

sami

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think ill just see whats there when i go to get the wood and see what will fit in the wagon.

Deosnt have to fit in with any particular colour sheme so ill play it by ear seeing as how there appears to be no benefit with any colour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts