Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
Just wondering what is the best greens/Salad Leaves to feed beardies?
I've Read that spinach and cale are bad for their bones, and iceburg lettuce doesnt really help?
any thoughts wud be appreciated

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
spinach and kale are high in calcium and are good greens for beardies.

fruits and veggies like grapes, apples and lettuce are ok, but don't benefit your BD enough to bother with them

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Mine have a wide variety from....

Rocket leaves, Lambs lettuce, Kale (occassion), Romaine lettuce, cress & dandilion flowers, Peas, carrot, sweetcorn, brocolli (occassion), Butternut squash, sweet potato.

There not keen on fruit at all so i don't bother.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
jamez o'mac said:
great, thanks everyone, i think i will try Neo's spinach theory, as i have seen his beardie and she seems very healthy :wink:
thx, :) Pearl appreciates it lol

another good veg is escarole which i often feed my BD along with other veggies which are okayish like raddiccio

u can get a big packet of salad with these 2 in from co-op for 99p

·
Registered
88 Posts
is that when fed in excess? because obviously anything ed in too larger quantity can be bad

I beg to differ... There are MANY greens/veggies that are fed 1-2x a day, so I have to disagree with that. Sorry, thought I would just put that out there.

Dandelion leaves make for great staples, I would recomend those, along with collards, turnips, escarole, butternut, and summer squash, there are a few more left, however, I can't think straight today :lol: These all make good staple diets.

Becky Wheeler, are all those staple diets?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Lol999 said:
mine gets rocket from Tesco's which he'll eat under sufferance if there are no dandelion leaves available.

ours love rocket salad from tescos. we also feed them peas (after deans advice), dandelion leaves on occasions, tried them on butternut squash btu they dont like it at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts