Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon long (30x12x12) living vivarium and I was wondering what would be some cool animals to put in there. I was thinking
Pygmy chameleons
Cave geckos
Red eye croc skink
Dart frogs
I was planning on putting pygmys in there and I found a site that had c.b.b pygmys but they were babies so they were unsexable now I have found some others but they r wc should I get these or a different reptile. Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dart frogs require a specific set up but i recommend 'em. Mine are awesome to watch at feeding time.

Chameleons in general are usually pretty good in planted tanks as long as your plants are sturdy enough for their body weight.

I've heard red eyed crocodile skinks can be kept in planted tanks but i couldn't honestly state for sure having never worked with one.

A number of gecko species do ok in planted tanks too.

Equally i've heard tree monitors can live in planted vivaria but they're borderline frantic in terms of their energy levels and despite being wiry and under about 2 feet in length they can shred something like a ficus in a matter of minutes so i've not seen it done.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have a 20 gallon long (30x12x12) living vivarium and I was wondering what would be some cool animals to put in there. I was thinking
Pygmy chameleons
Cave geckos
Red eye croc skink
Dart frogs
I was planning on putting pygmys in there and I found a site that had c.b.b pygmys but they were babies so they were unsexable now I have found some others but they r wc should I get these or a different reptile. Thanks
I can't comment on chameleons so will leave that to keepers with experience although I would say buy CB where possible, but that is entirely your choice.

Cave geckos on the other hand do very well in planted set-ups, mine do any way. If you need to research Gonis then HERE is the best place to start.

There are a few keepers here that keep crocodile skinks so again I won't comment, although I do prefer muddy eyed to the red eyes.

Dart frogs, again I know nothing.

I would always say go with what you truly want not just something that fits your set-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts