Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at ordering another 10 slings all sized between 1-4cm legspan and I was planning on keeping them in cricket tubs but now thinking thats mabye not the best idea as they will probably be far too large?

I know vials and smaller tubs are better but I dont want to have to put another order in with another shop and pay another £8 postage for some plastic boxes:blush: So would the small slings be alright in the tubs if I put some greenery in a little peice of cork bark?

Or does anyone know any places that sell small plastic containers good for slings?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im looking at ordering another 10 slings all sized between 1-4cm legspan and I was planning on keeping them in cricket tubs but now thinking thats mabye not the best idea as they will probably be far too large?

I know vials and smaller tubs are better but I dont want to have to put another order in with another shop and pay another £8 postage for some plastic boxes:blush: So would the small slings be alright in the tubs if I put some greenery in a little peice of cork bark?

Or does anyone know any places that sell small plastic containers good for slings?

thanks
Go over to ASDA Tupperware section and get some of the smaller ones. They are like 3/4 for £3 packs. Drill holes, and they are away. As they grow, buy the next size up.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go over to ASDA Tupperware section and get some of the smaller ones. They are like 3/4 for £3 packs. Drill holes, and they are away. As they grow, buy the next size up.
Thanks just the sort of thing I was after:no1:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I find they are way too flimsy and don't trust myself around those.
The ones I get are from Sainsbury or Morrisons, I've got new and old worlds in them with no problems, they do a selection pack with three smaller tubs and then the normal larger size tubs too.

There's various pots on SHC's website too, they sell smaller quantities and shipping isn't bad - http://www.shcweb.co.uk/eshop/section.php?xSec=36&xPage=1

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Depends on the size of the sling, my Chaco is about 4cm leg span and she's in a cricket tub, Giant White Knee is prob 2cm and it's in one of the tubs my sub adult Ts came in, smallest slint at about 1.5cm leg span is in a deli pot.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I will get some small post from ASDA and keep some crickets tubs spare and then decide when the slings get here

·
Registered
801 Posts
Go to supermarket and buy tiny glass jam pots. Eat jam (on toast is a nice option!), drill lids, drop in some substrate and decor. Seemples.

Jam n toast into the bargain too :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I got my B smithi sling in December I stumbled on a blog where someone used a ferrero rocher tub (with about 12 choccies in it).

Spiderling :: Mexican Red Knee :: Brachypelma Smithi :: Baby Spiders :: UK images ::

I've now got myself one of them containers in the lineup for rehousing my freshly moulted B albopilosum (who is rather fat for its burrow now...).
At a loss with how to put holes in the lid though haha!

My other slings are in deli pots and humous tubs, they work a treat!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts