Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 3x2x2 viv that i keep my beardie in. The UV tube is at the top of the tank. My beardie always tends to climb up the tank and hang off the mesh on the back near the top, presumably to get near to the UV. Whats the best way to lower it down? Cant think of the best way to do it???

I have some vines etc that he can climb up to get closer and I plan to put more higher branches in there so if I could get the tube a little lower it'd be great

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
If your using a wooden viv. then the obvious answer is to screw the tube clips(that come with the starter) on the back wall at the correct hight........

or is that too obvious? :D

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i have a 4ftx2ftx18 inch viv with the uv on the roof, i have a log and rock formation so that the bd can climb up to the uv, they like to have an elavated basking spot anyway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got mine in a wooden viv held in with clips on the top. i do have a pretty big piece of cork bark that gets quite near to it, but recently i put in some fake leafy branch that hang from the top to the bottom at the cool end, and he always goes up there now... but before i put them in he used to bask under the lamp on the bark...

should i move the branch to the hot end? he just hides behind it now and im worried he's not getting enough heat... is he just being an awquard little sh1t? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts