Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im after a big wooden vivarium for Don, the bosc, but i don't want to have to pay a huge price as i havent got much money.
decoration doesnt need to be included but delivery is essential as i cant drive :p

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
lol well i did tell her I would buy one but it would have to be after christmas. If shes paying for it herself she can get it when she wants :lol:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
whats the smallest size youd be interested in a freind of mine is wanting to get rid of his 5ft by 2ft viv im not sure how much he wants for it though

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You may be better off designing one yourself and paying someone local to build it for you. you should be able got get a big (8x3x2) plywood viv including glass for about £200 which is pretty reasonable,or 6x2x2 for around £150 and they will last far longer than the standard conti board vivs especialy for a bosc! ( mine is destroyer supreme!)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
he proberly would if your not to far from derbyshire and if you could give him some petrol money
how old and big is don now ?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
We cant find anyone near by to help us make one. shes gone off the forum now but colours not important because its only going in her bedroom anyway. Im not 100 % sure what size she is after.

Edited because of terrible spelling :oops:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
martin day said:
how old and big is don now ?
Hes just over 1 and about 2 and a half foot.

I will let chelle reply to any of the viv offers when she comes back on the forum seeing as shes paying for it. :lol:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
its prolly gona be something like a 6x4x4 that Blazey will want, any smaller would not really be in the "really really big" categorie.
OFcourse smaller like a 6x2x2 would be ok as many ppl apparently keep boscs of adult size in this and just let them out for excersise, we know blazey would not have aproblem with this as Don has run of the room anyway.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i want it 8ft by 2ft by 2ft, but i want it designed a little different. i only want 4ft at the front being a door and the other just wooden so its hidden because he likes his privacy but i dont know how awkward something like that would be to build.... i'd need to draw a plan for it to explain it but if anyone thinks they have an idea what i mean, feel free to pm me.

Oh and i'd rather it be perspex (yes i know it scratches sometimes) than glass because he likes to whip his tail when he's in a closed space.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I built my own 6x2x2 stack. If you post a design, I would consider a comission build for you. the part-wood front is not hard to do. travel to lancashire (Bolton) most weekends so could even deliver. The dimensions might mean assembing and your end though, not sure I could fit anything over 6ft long in the van in one peice. Rather than perspex, why not consider toughened glass (6ml)?, perspex has a tendancy to shatter under force, so may not be the best choice

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well its going to be open most of the time anyway so i wasnt really going to close it up that often.

i'll try draw a plan out but i will warn u im not brilliant!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

this is what i had in mind, excuse the bad use of Paint lol

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no thats absolutely fine, im only a student and i just got made redundant so i cant afford something too flashy :p

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
chelle if your going to 8ft long you will have to make sure who ever delivers it brings it in two pieces because 8ft wont go round the bends in the house

1 - 20 of 32 Posts