Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
ok...im gona comment on these...the iggi is gorgeous, but wat on earth is there a beardie doin in there with it?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey, Nat, after seeing the pics and reading up iguanas and beardies together, i found on the green iguana society that dependent on your iguanas teprement they can get along with a variety of other animals and share basking spots with beardies among other lizards. But if they are housed together then apperantly thats not good, as the iguana is much stronger and can be teratorial.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Nice pics btw :)

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Im sorry i dont agree with that what with green iguanas requiring a basking spot of 90-95' and beardies requiring 100-105'? That and not sure id wana rescue my beardie from the jaws of a territorial iggi..would only tae seconds...but as I always say, each keeper to their own

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Woot woot , nice looking Iggy.

And yeah, they can and will share a basking spot with other lizards if alllowed, our have all done it at some point in the past, it seems the only thing ours won't tolerate sharing a spot with is another Green Iguana. In fact not 3ft away from me is Katie with Cactus Jack (spiney tailed iguana) using her as a pillow.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I don't know much about beardies, but know quite a bit about Green Iguanas. I have kept a group of one adult male, plus two adult females successfully, (in a room sized enclosure built into our garage) but did it after a lot of consideration and research. However, having seen the damage a male iggy can do to another male or female iggy (not ours!) I dread to think what it could do to a beardie.

Apart from that, iggy's need quite high humidity compared to beardys, and as Nat says, different temps.

He IS lovely though, one of the nicest I have seen!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts