Reptile Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I was in too much of a hurry to see a vet, should of waited for Kath, the reptile vet, I hear she is very good. Im in the Highlands, We have good reptile vets in Conon-Bridge, and Dingwall, but neither of them were available at the time. I have put a large bowl in for her to soak at her liesure, however, she has not come out of her hide now for a coupla days. Still, at least it will be nice and humid in there.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Had a better night last night. Although the shed is stil stuck on her head, we did a bit of 'bonding'. She was roaming around the living room all evening having a good stretch. Then I had a go at putting more of the stuff from the vet on. she quite likes it! So now I need the right stuff, which I will order online today, and also gve consideration to vitamins. Also, got Sphagnum moss...it was late when it got dropped off, it had stuff living in it!!!? little beasties freak me out. Folk cant understand why i like and keep snakes, but cant handle a creepy crawlie!! Its different.....little beasties feed on you once you die!

Anyways, I have used moss before, hand picked stuff which I washed then nuked. U do the same with sphagnum? or do the beasties serve a purpose?!

Darn it, thinking too much again!

Skimp x

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Ok, I have managed to get the offending old shed off. She had been frantically rubbing it herself, and each evening I was taking her out, applying the paraffin, and letting her push through a rough towel, which she quite likes. Then, on saturday night, the eye cap came off. Much to my dismay, I look in this morning, and there is still one on the same eye. Just gotta keep on doing the same. The cap is quite scratched, just wondering if she gonna be visually impaired.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts