Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
my burm is now reaching 9 feet and hes in a 6x3x3. im thinking of a 9-10x4x5 with a small pond in with a drainage system.
any ideas of sizes and layouts? i was gonna do a walk in viv but been advised that it can make burms a bit more viv defencive. i would love to see some pics of vivs.

cheers todd:welcome:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
pm steved. he has a big walk in enclosure for retics. i know theyre not burms, but they are also said to get viv defensive in large enclosures. i think that as long as it feels secure in its enclosure it shouldnt get viv defensive, so as long as you include hides and decor but sized up appropriately, i cant see why big snakes would get more viv defensive in large enclosures than smaller snakes. possibly the reason big snakes are said to get more viv defensive than smaller snakes is because keepers of smaller snakes in large enclosures provide plenty of hides, branches etc, whereas keepers of bigger snakes tend to just use a substrate and water dish with nowhere for the snake to hide. just my opinion, steved is likely to know better

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey mate,

i will pm him. with burms there feeding responce is on all the time i have tapped trained him with a hook. what the other person was saying is with walk in enclosuresits alot harder to turn the responce off as sush u can be in risk of attact more than a viv u can open the door and tap tap. the biggest i've kept in 12feet ish but didn't make the move to massive viv.

thanks todd:2thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts