Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a corn snake that is 1 years old and is 2 and a half foot long from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail, he is currently in a glass exo-terra 1ft by 1ft vivarium. Do you think he will need a bigger tank than this or do they like to be in confined spaces because he is always curled up under a log. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
yes he needs abigger cage then that. imo he should be in a cage with 1.5sqft floor space (i.e. 18''x12'') at that size. he will eventually need a gage about 2ft long or a 50l rub, i'd get one of those now hes hes a good size for them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Corn snake

I made a mistake last time I measured him. He is just over 2 foot from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail. But my corn snake looks fine and the vivarium looks big enough for him. I was also told that he could live in that for the rest of his life because snakes like confined spaces? I've just read this too...

When do you know it is time to give the snake a bigger vivarium?
An adult 5ft corn will happily live in a viv about three feet long (1 metre)... A hatchling will be quite happy in a small plastic tub vivarium only about 15 inches long (40 cm) until about a year old, when the snake could be up around 2 feet long... They vary in size as adults quite a lot...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts