Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so below is Kong. He is my Ptyas carinatus and he is allmost bang on 10 feet long.

I reckon he is the biggest male rat snake in the UK. Anyone have any challengers? I am genuinely interested to know if anyone has or has heard of a bigger male of any species (obviously not gonna be one of these) in the UK. Pics would definately be appreciated.
I suspect that most species will find it a struggle to have a female this big let alone a male but we'll see.

Cheers

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow.... that’s a nice rat snake! I recently saw a Bull snake... he was about 7 - 8 feet long. I didn’t think snakes could get that big with out being Pythons - Boas :shock: I would love to get one as they don’t get to heavy bodied and look nice and sleek... especially a albino Bull snake :p Anyone got one of those?

Your python is really impressive! but looks amazing! The colours are so cool :D Nice one!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I give up!!

This thread was meant to be about finding a bigger male rat snake and a snake that i lent out has stolen the show, lol :roll:

I have pics of her and others in my photobucket account, just follow the photo url back to my account and have a look....

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
ok done, anyone should now stick to the topic as i'm not deleting about 20 posts again as you went odd topic and thats not what dan wants.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
OI WHERES MY POST GONE!
I ASKED ABOUT HIS RAT SNAKE!
TOOK ME AGES TO TYPE THAT WITH ONLY TWO FINGERS!
TALK ABOUT BIG BROTHER!!!
(only kidding nige)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
hehehe just seen this my dad wants to no is it cross bred with something hahahaha he cant belive the size of it :D
its very nice though
manda xx

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Holy big jesus!!!! He is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Must say ur very very lucky cuz hes beautiful...and i too would be interested in knowin if any1 can beat that!!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Its a Keeled Ratsnake. They are from Malaysia and can grow up to 12 feet. They are rare in collections because do not fare well in captivity. They can be fed rats and mice but would do better on frogs and such...

That being said, here is a pic of a Bullsnake belonging to Safari Jeff. It is just over 8 feet, not as long, but would probably give competition in weight department...

Sorry its not a UK snake, Its in Canada...

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hmm, the other might be long but that would scare off a burm

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
beckys_dad98 said:
Its a Keeled Ratsnake. They are from Malaysia and can grow up to 12 feet. They are rare in collections because do not fare well in captivity. They can be fed rats and mice but would do better on frogs and such...

That being said, here is a pic of a Bullsnake belonging to Safari Jeff. It is just over 8 feet, not as long, but would probably give competition in weight department...

Sorry its not a UK snake, Its in Canada...
That bull is a big ol beast!!

Where did you get that info on the Ptyas carinatus from though? They are fine as captives as long as you can handle the size, i have had that confirmed by someone who has handled near 100 of them. Diet wise, they are typically found around garbage sites, they enjoy rodents.
Any leads on new information on them is appreciated though as i know of nobody else currently keeping these anywhere, europe or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Got the info from pretty similar page to one Welshgaz gave you, but will give you BOD on that one as you have experience with them and I just know what I read... Nice looking snake though Dude....
Steve

I don't know any one else that has one either, like said, the info I got said they were pretty rare in collections....

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shame it is inconsistent with the data the catchers/exporters give, along with that i gained from a certain aussy.

As for experience, i only have the one so it's hardly enough to base a book on, lol, i was hoping you were going to pipe up and say you know someone who has them or something else with a lead for me to chase.

Ahwell, such is life :lol:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
No, sorry Dude, just read a couple of pages and they all said pretty much same thing... If your Aussie friend has tons of experience with them, go with what he tells ya. After all, he ougtta know... and good luck with them...
Steve

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beckys_Dad - there so nice those bull snakes! This guy had one at the Keptville Reptile Expo in Ontario... it was about the same size, albino too. REALLY nice snakes! I think it’s the next snake I would like to get.

The guy said she was about 8 feet? and said that is "big" for a bullsnake?

Reticulatus as far as I can see you have the biggest rat snake in the u.k! Or one of the biggest! Nice one
:D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Possibly the same one??? The guy who owns this one (Safari Jeff) does do shows all over Canada... Him and his wife, Shannon do a travelling educational show...
But we're supposed to be finding the largest rat snake in UK, pretty sure Reticulatus has it by default though.....
Steve

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oo maybe it's the same guy! cuz he did say he don’t sell snakes but just gives education. That's cool :D

Lol back to the rat snake........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts