Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know any reputable birman breeders in or around Essex? Or any birman rescues???

I would just like to point out it isn't me that wants the birman as I have just agreed to take on a rescue stray cat. My partner's gran wants the birman but she isn't that good with the internet so I have agreed to help her! She has had a birman before and absolutely adored him and is desperate to take on another. She doesn't mind an older or rescue birman but she really does have her heart set on that particular breed.

If anyone could help that would be lovely :)

·
Registered
13,799 Posts
all breed clubs have a welfare/rescue side, might be a good idea to contact them - tell them gran wants in indoor cat and has had them before and you should get on the list.

www.birmancatclub.co.uk

the other option is to take on an ex breed or show cat - quite often breeders will put these up for adoption for a small fee to a good home
have a look on here,

www.kittenlist.co.uk

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
BIRMAN CAT CLUB - WELFARE & RESCUE
Registred Charity No: 1123174
Caring for and rehoming Birmans in need throughout the UK.
Tel: 01785 251609
Email: [email protected]
Tel No: 0208 424 0100BIRMAN: SEAL & BLUE POINT BIRMAN CAT CLUB - WELFARE
Welfare Co-ordinator: Tel: 07816 562362 or 01296 421077
Website: www.birmancatuk.co.uk/ (click 'homes needed' link) BIRMAN: POSH PUSS RESCUE (Pedigrees)
Based in Porthleven, Cornwall, but can take cats in from other areas provided they can be transported to the rescue.
Rescue and rehoming for life of pedigree cats in crisis. Siamese, Burmese, Persians, Havanas, etc, Seniors welcome. Posh Puss will take in homeless pedigrees following bereavements and other unforseen circumstances, or from other rescues who are over-full. Cats are adopted out where possible, but un-homeable cats may live out their lives here. Cats receive plenty of love and daily grooming, and veterinary history is kept. The rescue only deals with a small number of cats at any one time, please email if you could offer a loving home (forever homes only, contracts signable), or if you need to rehome your pedigree cat. Posh Puss supports ex owners with loss and can provide updates on progress of cats after rehoming for the ex owners.
Tel: 01326 560536
Email: [email protected]
Web address: www.poshpussrescue.org

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.