Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I hope you don’t mind me asking for some help please.

My ex recently bought my daughter a leopard gecko, she’s brought him over to my house now instead of his, which is fine because I think he’s wonderful, however I’m completely new to gecko care and I’m a wee bit worried about some dark marks on this back.

He was in a starter viv and has recently moved to a larger viv as I thought the one that was bought for him was too small.. however I’ve noticed some strange marks started on his back in the old viv and they now seem to have got darker since the move.

I’ve googled and googled and can’t see anything but I’m getting a bit worried as it looks to me like a massive bruise under the skin, he’s a patternless gecko, about 5 months we think. He’s eating, drinking, speeding about his viv at night. Seems grand in himself. Does anybody have any pointers at all?

Thanking you all so much.

Mary & Yoshi
3A34D8FB-0E8C-4E51-87B4-B5D90F863906.jpeg

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hi All,
I hope you don’t mind me asking for some help please.

My ex recently bought my daughter a leopard gecko, she’s brought him over to my house now instead of his, which is fine because I think he’s wonderful, however I’m completely new to gecko care and I’m a wee bit worried about some dark marks on this back.

He was in a starter viv and has recently moved to a larger viv as I thought the one that was bought for him was too small.. however I’ve noticed some strange marks started on his back in the old viv and they now seem to have got darker since the move.

I’ve googled and googled and can’t see anything but I’m getting a bit worried as it looks to me like a massive bruise under the skin, he’s a patternless gecko, about 5 months we think. He’s eating, drinking, speeding about his viv at night. Seems grand in himself. Does anybody have any pointers at all?

Thanking you all so much.

Mary & Yoshi
View attachment 349027 View attachment 349027
Hi, it could be anything, you need to give details of the conditions the gecko has been kept under, they may provide a clue as to what it might be. Can you also show a photo of the whole enclosure?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The other thing that would be useful to know is, is the mark on the skin or is it under the skin?

Leo’s have somewhat mailable skin, does the mark move with the skin or does it seem to be underneath?

It could be worth waiting for his next shed to see if it comes off with the shed. Get him a nice humid hide to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts