Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some bearded dragons(supposedly today but couldnt make it) and the bloke who is selling them has said a couple have a few toes missing but he said they are walking ok and have healed? im not an expert but why would he say this, and he has told me i can have them half price so i was wondering what difference does it make if a couple of toes are missing, any help would be great because i dont want to be paying vet bills because i havent asked, thanks mat

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Makes no difference at all!

Mine doesn't really have toes missing but the end of the toes are missing for whatever reason! Gives him character I reckon..... I wouldn't worry about it unless the toe hasn't healed over. Just make sure you have a good look over him first. If all looks well he'll be fine!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i was just worried incase it was something which would cost in the future, he says they have been healed for about 3 weeks but didnt know what all the fuss was about, and the fact he said he would sell me those ones half price just baffled me:? , thanks mat

·
Registered
130 Posts
my beardie has lost one of his toes and he doe very well with out it. just make sure u give them a good health check first

·
Registered
257 Posts
It shouldn't make any difference to the animal, we have a beardie with a leg missing, called stupmy.

He has no problem at all in the vivarium, as others have said just check that the animals toes have healed correctly and his feeding habits are good.

Hope all goes well with the new additions.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
my 3 legged beardie does finw too. :) I think its just a case of you having a honest seller, which can only be a good thing :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this might be a little late but i am wondering on what food rotor to have the babies on they are 6 weeks old and i am wondering how much of what foods they should be eating and how often, is there a certain time between feeding and what should be the lastest time to feed, how often should i handle them and what is the best way to care for them when they are young, thanks for all the help mat

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lol....
its dead on midnight and way too late to write out a decent beardie care sheet of the top of my head...sorry will have to get back to yuh.
BUT.. searcxh the forums for various topics on beardies and you should find out what u need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts