Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend is looking at getting another lizard but he isn't sure on what to get. He was originally looking at BTS but realised he didn't really have the room.. then thought about them bright day geckos (I think..?) but read you couldn't handle them so he has got rid of that idea. So I need all your help as to what he could have:

- Most space round about 4x2
- Can tolerate being handled
- Not to bothered about what it eats
- Prefers something 'not too damp' as he put it lol...

Soooooooo can you help? He doesn't want another beardie though.

Btw been together 2 years today (the 9th) woohoo :no1::flrt:

·
Registered
11,090 Posts
Is 4ft x 2ft not big enough for BTS? I've never kept them, but I thought that was suitable :hmm:
How about a lechianus of some sought?
Rankin dragon?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is 4ft x 2ft not big enough for BTS? I've never kept them, but I thought that was suitable :hmm:
How about a lechianus of some sought?
Rankin dragon?
We've read that they should be in 6ft .. there's loads of different sizes we've seen lol. Do you rekon it would be fine in 4x2 near enough all it's life? No to the Rankins he says lol.. will keep the other thing in mind.

He has seen an Ackie aswell now.. are they ok for our maximum?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Beardies
Ackies
Desert Igg
Collareds

would all be fine ina 4x2 obviously bigger the better but if he only has room for a 4x2 then they will all be fine all desert species.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
bts are fine in a 4x2x2 that is wot mine is in and he is fine as 4 ackie you would be fine keeping 2 in a 4v2v2 i must sa i would go 4 the ackie thay are very cool:2thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
uro?? Mine is in a 4x2 and likes it DRY!! lol

:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Ackies all the way, they are very active

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Eyed Lizards. They are unusual and stunningly beautiful, tame down well and are active so great to watch :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies! He is definatly thinking about Ackies, BTS and Collareds! Any more? :2thumb:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
im looking at uros at the moment have a look at the ornate uromastyx and morrocan uromastyx. Mali uromastyx look quite good to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts