Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning guys n gals
yesterday whilst handling my western fox snake he tagged me on my ear lobe it dint hurt i have woke up this morning to find i have a lump the size of a pea its hurting a fair bit any ideas

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
oooo sorry it might just be puss in it you might need to see the Dr if it dose not go, is it red ? sore? or can you see any puss in it?
Its unlikely to be seriously infected, the ear lobe is a funny part of thebody and will swell if damaged. Dab some iodine or rub an antiseptic cream on it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
oooo sorry it might just be puss in it you might need to see the Dr if it dose not go, is it red ? sore? or can you see any puss in it?
puss as in cats?? :gasp:

or pus as in yucky stuff :Na_Na_Na_Na:

i do like the amputation idea :lol2:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Boil some water... put some sea salt in a cup... pour boiling water into the cup and stir...

use cotton wool to dab the area with the salted water - do this morning and night until healed.

Job done :)

·
Banned
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boil some water... put some sea salt in a cup... pour boiling water into the cup and stir...

use cotton wool to dab the area with the salted water - do this morning and night until healed.

Job done :)
cheers will do its better then hissy missy idea

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
cheers im been so carful not to take any oral meds as i have surgery week on friday
If you have surgery that soon then, unless it has cleared up by tomorrow, I would take it to the docs. Would be terrible to have the op cancelled which they could do if you have an infection!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.