Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male bullsnake is around 4/5 years old, and is about a week into his shed cycle.
This morning I glanced into the vivs as I was getting ready, only to see him lying completely on his back and motionless! I opened the door and prodded him. No reaction what so ever! S***, he's dead!
I was a bit stunned to be honest, and didn't really know what to do, so being a bloke, decided to carry on getting ready for work while I had a think about it.
When I can back into the room, I noticed that he was moving very slowly, but still 100% upside down.
He was interwoven in his branches and logs, so it was hard to pick him up completely, but when I reached in and got hold of him, he began to right himself.
He then proceeded to act completely normally, as if nothing had happened. Despite his blue eyes, he was at the glass waiting to see what was happening next as I left for work.

Now I have kept quite a few snakes over a lot of years, and I have never seen anything even remotely like this before.
Has anyone else had this type of experience? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My big albino boa does it sometimes. The amount of times I’ve stroked him because he’s been in a weird position and he’s not moved , even a quick shake he’s not moved sometimes to the point my heart has sunk thinking he was dead, then he moves and looks at me as to see I can’t believe you woke me up for nothing, lol
Hopefully just a really deep sleep thing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Agreed that would freak me out a bit, lol
had him totally on his side tho, that was bad enough he’s 10 and must go into a stupidly deep sleep

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts