Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just read an advert in one of the papers of a black and white "teigon" now im presuming they mean "tegu"? its a four year old male and is 3 foot long....has it stopped growing yet or will it keep going? im just curious...at what age do they stop growing? :D

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
B&W Tegus will grow to 4ft. If you want a B&W best to make sure its an Argentinian rather than a Columbian (better temperaments). They need large vivs (like monitors) - 8x4x4 to hold plenty of mulch as they will make burrows.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u...im going to phonwe then later and see if i can get some more info on him b4 i travel to see him. would love one but not sure about an adult. we will see what happens :D

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
They are awesome. I've got a savanna monitor which is the same size as a tegu (just a bit smaller as tegus are chunkier). I met one in person at my friend's reptile store (he was looking after it for a customer on holiday). Much less prone to quick movements than monitors they just seem to plod around poking into corners and the argentinians are quite happy at human interaction. It's next up on my "Most Wanted" list - just got a problem persuading hubby to totally give up the dining room to yet another 8x4x4 - :roll: plus he'd have to build the thing :lol:

I've been researching into them for a bit and found thetegu.com to be a good place for info on them.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i will look at that site in a mo....yet more reading to be done

i would love one of these guys,but then i would love so many different things and i do have to stop somewhere!!! well so im told anyway

thanks again :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts